Sunday, January 08, 2006

From the Private, Personal Diary of Noelle Frost

Dear Diary -

There's this image in my head, and I can't seem to shake it, nor make it any clearer. I think it's a clue, somehow. I think...

Reese asked for help the other day against Vanessa Devore, the head clownie. In the back of my head was this idea that maybe she could tell me something about what happened to Kid, like, ok, I know we haven't been able to get any information from any of the clownies we've arrested in the past few weeks, but this is the big cheese. And she's psychic. Big time psychic. I thought there was some hope that she'd know something.

We rushed into the warehouse in King's Row -- Reese, me, Puck Fair, and Dr. Rune -- and I tried to question every Carnie as we took them down. Nothing. Not that I really expected anything, but still...

Then we saw Vanessa. And with a little of that same recklessness I felt when i thought Kid was dead, I rushed her, though Reese and the others were right behind me. Through the frozen air that surrounded us, and layers and layers of ice, I just kept asking her -- "What did you do to Kid?" And thought I got nothing in response, except a dizzying headache. As she ported to the Zig (likely just to get out again, though I guess we just keep hoping that one day, an arrest will stick in this town), I kinda collapsed, my head buzzing. I came to a few moments later, and we cleared out the rest of the warehouse, and I made my way home.

The last few days, since then, I feel like there's been this itch at the back of my brain. Every once in a while, I get like this -flash- of something. An image of Kid, singing. "Love me tender," or "Suspicious Minds," or "Devil in Disguise." And there's a mask. And I think there's a woman, with face paint, forcing someone -- I can't tell if it's Kid or not. It just seems off.

And two words that I don't recognize - "vitiation" and "Mirabella." One is a name, I think, but the other -- I don't know.

I don't know anything -- whether this is just fevered hopes from a brain that hasn't been sleeping well since Kid "died," or something more. Did I get something helpful from Vanessa after all? Did this Mirabella do something to Kid? What's with the singing?

I should ask my friends. They've offered to help, and I just... didn't know what could be done, what I could tell them. But maybe this is something. Maybe...

N.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home