Monday, February 20, 2006

From the Private, Personal Diary of Noelle Frost

Dear Diary -

Maybe I'm a quitter. Maybe I just had to come back for this reason. But after starting, in the Shard, finding Jason, who looks like a shade of his old self...

I came back to Paragon to talk to this Ganymede person, on some sort of rush mission, and while I was in town, I was scanning my comm channels, and--

I saw him. Kid. And I sent off another one of my pleading "Kid?!?!?" messages, which I've sent off countless times beofre, only to have this stranger answer me. But this time, it wasn't a stranger. It was Kid. He called me "Chilly," and I raced over to the Rikti Crash Site to see him, and I ran into his arms.

And I felt safe again.

As long as I didn't stop to wonder -- how long has it been since he remembered? And why didn't he call me? And all that's happened in the past few months -- what does it mean, to me?

There's still more questions than answers, not the least of which is who did this to him, and why. And for me... I guess I still have to know if I can do this without him.

So... I called Jason again. It's like he's... haunting... the Shard. I need to help him. Need him to help me. Figure that's a kind of thing we can do together, like each of us can use the other to put the pieces back in place. Puck's been a help, too. And Kessa, and Mal, and Shock... so many friends. And you know? Maybe that's the way it should be, at least for now.

I'm not turning my back on a relationship -- I still need to figure out what's going on with Kid -- but in the meantime, the most important thing can be me. With my friends.

Does that make any sense?

N.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home